Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lahic

So yesterday I visited the village of Lahic, a small village in central Azerbaijan. Lahic is famous for its metalwork, and in particular for its coppersmiths. It is a quaint little village, and the main road that runs through town is an old cobblestoned street that is lined with old homes and various metal workshops.




While exploring a little, I ran across a group of men sitting in front of the local mosque, and despite not speaking (or reading I assume) hardly any English, they took quite an interest in my Azerbaijan guide book, and they loved looking at the maps, especially of their own village. Then, the ruling elder insisted that I take his picture as he proudly stood in front of the mosque.



Finally, who doesn't love pictures of a cute kid?


1 comment:

  1. Umm, that child is so adorable! Also, it's awesome that the people got to check out your guide book and that the ruling elder is obviously so proud of his community.

    ReplyDelete