Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baku by Night

So last night I went up a hill that overlooks the city to take some photos, one for fun but also because we are considering trying to make and sell some postcards in the store because there are very few postcards in Azerbaijan. Let me know if you would ever considering buying any of these (these are somewhat hard to see on here, and also need some editing work done, but you get the general idea). Either way, it was cool to see the city by night, and there were lots of people wandering around the park in the evening.







In other news, after going for a nice run this morning, I returned to my apartment to find that there was no water (made sense after two streets were practically flooded on my run). That made doing three important things quite difficult (in order of importance). 1) Rehydrating, 2) Showering, and 3) Doing laundry. Yes mom, I know you worry about me, but I am showering and doing my own laundry these days.

3 comments:

  1. Did your trusty wool shirt go with you this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that I did, but I do wear it too much as I wear some type of collared shirt to the store most every day, and people here dress up quite a bit

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I would buy those postcards -- especically 1, 3, 4, and 6!

    I'm playing catch-up and reading your entire blog right now... =)

    ReplyDelete