Friday, June 18, 2010

World Cup action

So just finished watching the US World Cup game, and man, how frustrating was that....They looked asleep in the first half, with Slovenia's first goal coming while it looked like keeper Tim Howard was in his own little world in the box, and the second appearing to my not so well trained soccer eyes (despite the years spent watching little league and high school girls' soccer) to be offsides on Slovenia.


Yet the US, resilient as always (or so I like to think) rebounded with great play in the second half, evening the score on a Michael Bradley goal. Then around the 84th minute they had a potential game winning goal wiped away on a very controversial offsides call. Better draw than lose, but I am still not pleased with the officiating. All of that being said, my neighbors at the store, with whom I watched the game, found it pretty funny to see my emotional responses to the game. They set up a TV outside of their shop, so it was a fun and convenient place to watch the match.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great experience to be in another country while the World Cup is happening. Everyone watches it much more communally -- which was true in Northern Ireland this summer too.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete